In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Adapted Physical Education Specialists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Adapted Physical Education Specialists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”SPECIAL-EDUCATION-TEACHING, SPECIAL-EDUCATION-TEACHING, SPECIAL-EDUCATION-TEACHING, SPECIAL-EDUCATION-TEACHING, SPECIAL-EDUCATION-TEACHING” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Adapted Physical Education Specialists
Here is a list of tasks that Adapted Physical Education Specialists do every day.
- Provide adapted physical education services to students with intellectual disabilities, autism, traumatic brain injury, orthopedic impairments, or other disabling condition.
- Adapt instructional techniques to the age and skill levels of students.
- Instruct students, using adapted physical education techniques, to improve physical fitness, gross motor skills, perceptual motor skills, or sports and game achievement.
- Maintain thorough student records to document attendance, participation, or progress, ensuring confidentiality of all records.
- Provide students positive feedback to encourage them and help them develop an appreciation for physical education.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Adapted Physical Education Specialists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Assist in screening or placement of students in adapted physical education programs.
- Assess students’ physical progress or needs.
- Communicate behavioral observations and student progress reports to students, parents, teachers, or administrators.
- Advise education professionals of students’ physical abilities or disabilities and the accommodations required to enhance their school performance.
- How many hours do Adapted Physical Education Specialists work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Learn more about Adapted Physical Education Specialists
Related careers to Adapted Physical Education Specialists
This career is also closely related to Adapted Physical Education or Adapted Physical Activity Specialist, Adapted Physical Education Specialist, Adapted Physical Education Specialist-Workshop Leader, Adapted Physical Education Teacher, Adaptive Physical Education Specialist, Adaptive Physical Education Teacher, Adaptive Physical Educator, Certified Adapted Physical Educator, Physical Education Teacher or .