In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Acupuncturists looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Acupuncturists[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ALTERNATIVE-MEDICINE, ACUPUNCTURE, NATUROPATHIC-MEDICINE, ALTERNATIVE-MEDICINE, ALTERNATIVE-MEDICINE” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Acupuncturists
Here is a list of tasks that Acupuncturists do every day.
- Insert needles to provide acupuncture treatment.
- Maintain and follow standard quality, safety, environmental and infection control policies and procedures.
- Adhere to local, state and federal laws, regulations and statutes.
- Identify correct anatomical and proportional point locations based on patients’ anatomy and positions, contraindications, and precautions related to treatments such as intradermal needles, moxibution, electricity, guasha, and bleeding.
- Maintain detailed and complete records of health care plans and prognoses.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Acupuncturists do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Apply moxibustion directly or indirectly to patients using Chinese, non-scarring, stick, or pole moxa.
- How many hours do Acupuncturists work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Exposed to Disease or Infections
Learn more about Acupuncturists
Related careers to Acupuncturists
This career is also closely related to Acupressure Therapist, Acupressurist, Acupuncture Physician, Acupuncturist, Auricular Acupuncturist, Auricular Detoxification Specialist, Auricular Therapist, Clinic Supervisor, Herbalist or Licensed Acupuncturist.