In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Accountants looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Accountants[qs_listing areaofinterest=”ACCOUNTING, PRIVATE-PUBLIC-INVESTIGATIONS, ACCOUNTING, ACCOUNTING, ACCOUNTING” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Accountants
Here is a list of tasks that Accountants do every day.
- Maintain or examine the records of government agencies.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Accountants do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Report to management regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- How many hours do Accountants work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Accountants
Related careers to Accountants
This career is also closely related to Accountant, Accountant Manager, Accounting Analyst, Accounting Bookkeeper, Accounting Consultant, Accounting Manager, Accounting Methods Analyst, Accounting Officer, Accounting Supervisor or Accounting Systems Analyst.