In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Sales Floor Stock Clerks looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Sales Floor Stock Clerks[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Sales Floor Stock Clerks
Here is a list of tasks that Sales Floor Stock Clerks do every day.
- Answer customers’ questions about merchandise and advise customers on merchandise selection.
- Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with new or transferred merchandise.
- Itemize and total customer merchandise selection at checkout counter, using cash register, and accept cash or charge card for purchases.
- Receive, open, unpack and issue sales floor merchandise.
- Pack customer purchases in bags or cartons.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Sales Floor Stock Clerks do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Stamp, attach, or change price tags on merchandise, referring to price list.
- Compare merchandise invoices to items actually received to ensure that shipments are correct.
- Transport packages to customers’ vehicles.
- Take inventory or examine merchandise to identify items to be reordered or replenished.
- Clean display cases, shelves, and aisles.
- How many hours do Sales Floor Stock Clerks work per week? Less than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Sales Floor Stock Clerks
Related careers to Sales Floor Stock Clerks
This career is also closely related to Building Materials Sales Attendant, Checker Stocker, Checker/Stocker, Clerk, Dairy Clerk, Deli/Bakery Associate, Grocery Associate, Grocery Clerk, Grocery Clerk, Stocking or Grocery Stocker.