In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Recreation Workers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Recreation Workers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Recreation Workers
Here is a list of tasks that Recreation Workers do every day.
- Enforce rules and regulations of recreational facilities to maintain discipline and ensure safety.
- Manage the daily operations of recreational facilities.
- Administer first aid according to prescribed procedures and notify emergency medical personnel when necessary.
- Organize, lead, and promote interest in recreational activities, such as arts, crafts, sports, games, camping, and hobbies.
- Explain principles, techniques, and safety procedures to participants in recreational activities and demonstrate use of materials and equipment.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Recreation Workers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Greet new arrivals to activities, introducing them to other participants, explaining facility rules, and encouraging participation.
- Supervise and coordinate the work activities of personnel, such as training staff members and assigning work duties.
- Confer with management to discuss and resolve participant complaints.
- Meet with staff to discuss rules, regulations, and work-related problems.
- Provide for entertainment and set up related decorations and equipment.
- How many hours do Recreation Workers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Indoors, Not Environmentally Controlled
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Learn more about Recreation Workers
Related careers to Recreation Workers
This career is also closely related to Activities Aide, Activities Assistant, Activities Coordinator, Activities Counselor, Activities Director, Activities Leader, Activity Aide, Activity Assistant, Activity Coordinator or Activity Director.