In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Human Resources Assistants looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Human Resources Assistants[qs_listing areaofinterest=”, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Human Resources Assistants
Here is a list of tasks that Human Resources Assistants do every day.
- Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications, and employee leaves of absence.
- Record data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, amount of sales or production, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
- Gather personnel records from other departments or employees.
- Process and review employment applications to evaluate qualifications or eligibility of applicants.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Human Resources Assistants do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Explain company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
- Answer questions regarding examinations, eligibility, salaries, benefits, and other pertinent information.
- Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities.
- Request information from law enforcement officials, previous employers, and other references to determine applicants’ employment acceptability.
- How many hours do Human Resources Assistants work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Human Resources Assistants
Related careers to Human Resources Assistants
This career is also closely related to Administrative Assistant, Agent-Contract Clerk, Assignment Clerk, Benefits Administrator, Benefits Clerk, Benefits Coordinator, Civil Service Clerk, Civil Service Worker, Compensation and Benefits Technician or Employment Assistant.