In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Floor Sanders and Finishers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Floor Sanders and Finishers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”CONSTRUCTION, , , , ” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Floor Sanders and Finishers
Here is a list of tasks that Floor Sanders and Finishers do every day.
- Inspect floors for smoothness.
- Scrape and sand floor edges and areas inaccessible to floor sanders, using scrapers, disk-type sanders, and sandpaper.
- Guide sanding machines over surfaces of floors until surfaces are smooth.
- Attach sandpaper to rollers of sanding machines.
- Apply filler compound and coats of finish to floors to seal wood.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Floor Sanders and Finishers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Remove excess glue from joints, using knives, scrapers, or wood chisels.
- How many hours do Floor Sanders and Finishers work per week? More than 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Irregular (Changes with weather conditions, production demands or contract duration)
Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Exposed to Contaminants
Exposed to Hazardous Conditions
Exposed to Hazardous Equipment
Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment such as Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection, Hard Hats, or Life Jackets
Learn more about Floor Sanders and Finishers
Related careers to Floor Sanders and Finishers
Farmworkers of Farm, Ranch and Aquacultural Animals
Crushing, Grinding and Polishing Machine Setters, Operators and Tenders
Welding, Soldering and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators and Tenders
This career is also closely related to Bowling Alley Refinisher, Construction Worker I, Floor Finisher, Floor Installer, Floor Mechanic, Floor Refinisher, Floor Renovator, Floor Sander, Floor Sanding Machine Operator or Floor Scraper.