In this day in the life guide, you will find out:
- What does a day as Computer Programmers looks like
- What do they do every day
- Things they do on a weekly or monthly basis
- How many hours do they work
The purpose of this is to give you a clear picture of this career so you can make a better career decision on whether this career is suitable for you or not.
Top 2 Featured Schools For Computer Programmers[qs_listing areaofinterest=”COMPUTER-PROGRAMMING-SOFTWARE-DEVELOPMENT, COMPUTER-PROGRAMMING-SOFTWARE-DEVELOPMENT, COMPUTER-PROGRAMMING-SOFTWARE-DEVELOPMENT, COMPUTER-PROGRAMMING-SOFTWARE-DEVELOPMENT, COMPUTER-SCIENCE” maxresults=”2″]
Typical Day for Computer Programmers
Here is a list of tasks that Computer Programmers do every day.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Perform systems analysis and programming tasks to maintain and control the use of computer systems software as a systems programmer.
- Compile and write documentation of program development and subsequent revisions, inserting comments in the coded instructions so others can understand the program.
Weekly and Monthly Tasks
Here is a list of tasks that Computer Programmers do on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Consult with managerial, engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes.
- Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs.
- How many hours do Computer Programmers work per week? 40 hours per week
- What is the work schedule like? Regular (Set schedule and routine)
Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
Learn more about Computer Programmers
Related careers to Computer Programmers
This career is also closely related to .NET Developer, Analyst Programmer, Application Programer Analyst, Application Programmer Analyst, Applications Developer, Applications Programmer, Beta Tester, Bioinformatics Specialist, Business Programmer or Business Systems Analyst.